Welcome to this page which aims to introduce you to the new face of the old Methodist Relief and Development Fund organisation.
And let me introduce you to Maurice Adams the Chief Executive of All We Can who accompanied me and the President of Conference at that time, the Reverend Ruth Gee in August 2013 as we visited several projects in Cameroon, West Africa. You can read about that here.
We hope and trust that you will be as faithful and supportive of All We Can as you have been for the old MRDF - they are the same. Now the time has come to move forward, to 'build on the strengths' as Maurice says. We know you will continue to care for the poorest of our world and recognise that, though times change, the poor (sadly) are always with us. The need for Relief and Development in parts of the world is still huge but the situation has changed and the change of name and focus reflects those changes. The organisation is no longer simply a 'Fund' and the name change reflects this. However, we must emphasize that the commitment to work with the Methodist Church and its members is still as strong as ever - hence the inclusion of 'Methodist' in its logo. We trust that as they seek to do all they can we will support them and continue to do All We Can to help the poorest of the world.
May God bless them in their new venture and especially all the individuals that work together to make the organisation what it has been and what it will grow into in the future.
Robert Gee, 6th April 2014
PS I went to the launch of the new name in Brunswick MC, Newcastle on 3rd April along with the President. It was an exciting evening and a wonderful opportunity to meet some of the staff and supporters. There is a new feeling of excitement and hope as they step out in faith.
Donations to appeals can be made online, by phone and by post:
• Give securely online at www.allwecan.org.uk
• Send a cheque payable to ‘All We Can’ to All We Can, 25 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5JR
Taxpayers are encouraged to gift aid their donations where possible, adding 25p to every pound they give at no extra personal cost.
1. For more information on All We Can’s work visit www.allwecan.org.uk.
2. All We Can makes small miracles possible for people living in the world’s poorest communities through long-term development, emergency relief and campaigning against the causes of poverty. All We Can works in partnership with local organisations in 22 of the world’s poorest countries, helping individuals and communities to transform their lives and become more self-sufficient. All We Can’s partner organisations work with people on the basis of greatest need, not religion or race. For more information, visit www.allwecan.org.uk.
3. For more information, contact:
All We Can
25 Marylebone Road
London NW1 5JR
Tel: 020 7467 5132
Fax: 020 7467 5233